This non-credit online certificate program is appropriate for professionals in the field of aging services and transportation services interested in addressing senior transportation challenges and managing services that meet the mobility needs of an aging population.
The certificate emphasizes specialized transportation services for senior passengers as well as public and community transportation services, but also identifies and discusses the needs of older adult passengers.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Organizing and Managing Senior Transportation Options Certificate.
RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, MARYLAND, AND MINNESOTA:
The University of Massachusetts Boston is currently not accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states. Please contact your state's Board of Education for details. Click here for information on distance education authorization in other states.
Registration is administered through College of Advancing and Professional Studies at UMass Boston. Payment is due upon registration. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per course||$1000 ***|
|Alternate Fee: Per module for those not interested in certificate||$200|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$0|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course||$1000|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** course pricing varies by course.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
“The program gave me a more potent vocabulary to articulate a vision to both augment and improve our transportation program. The scope of ideas and information from the instructors and guest ‘experts’ as well as fellow students from across the U.S. have been wonderful. I’m glad that this was where I took my first online course.”
-David Klein, Director | Carlisle Council on Aging
“This program has provided invaluable insights into the special transit needs of our aging population. The lectures, ‘Ask the Expert’ sessions, and ancillary resource materials have been excellent. Clearly, as transit providers and as a society in general we need to get ahead of the curve now by beginning to plan for these supportive transportation services, so necessary as Boomers continue to age!”
-Donna Baker, MHSA Executive Director | Green Mountain Community Network, Inc.